Are you and your family going to visit Calgary, Canada? Have you already planned where to go and what to do when you arrive there? If not yet, then this article of the top ten things to do in Calgary should giving you a good starting point for planning your trip to Canada.
1. Heritage Park – This is a historical village that replicates the settlements of Western Canada, which is developed in the 1800s. It covers 127 acres of land next to Calgary’s Glenmore Reservoir. The attraction is family friendly and appeals to people of all ages.
2. Calgary Zoo – The Calgary Zoo is a home of over 1,000 animals all over the world. Kamala, the famous painting elephant, the Botanical Garden and the Prehistoric Park for dinosaurs are some of its famous attractions.
3. Spruce Meadows – This is an equestrian facility in Calgary. Watching a tournament with the family will surely be one of the most memorable events you will ever experience with your travels in this region.
4. Prince’s Island Park – It is a recreational island situated in the Bow River. Services offered includes hiking, biking and fishing that will be perfect for stressed-out urban families.
5. Stampede Park – This is the site of Pengrowth Saddledome, the home of the Calgary Flames NHL ice hockey team. The park also hosts the 10-day Calgary Exhibition and Stampede that offers the spectator experiences in rodeo, chuck wagon races, art exhibit and sale, trade fair, agricultural fair & exhibitions, midway, Indian Village, and much more.
6. The Military Museum – This museum is packed with war scenery dioramas that will surely interest everyone to learn more of the Canadian military history.
7. Canada Olympic Park – This park is good for families who love to ski. Mountain biking, luge rides, bungee trampolining, outdoor wall climbing, and mini golf are also available during summers.
8. AeroSpace Museum – This museum features the history of aviation in Western Canada. It was founded on the year 1960. This is a perfect for the family. Operation hours are usually 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Here, you could learn the stories of the pioneers who dreamed of flying. Discovering the trailblazers who adopted aircraft for trade and recreation are found here. Canadian heroes who fought in aerial wars and set their eyes on the outer space can also be experienced at this location.
9. Glenbow Museum – Glenbow Museum is both history and art museum. It is known as the largest museum in Western Canada. There are exhibits on everything about the traditions of piercing and tattooing and the life of certain tribes from Western Africa to Canada.
10. Calgary Tower – This tower offers visitors the most spectacular view of Calgary. It stands 525 feet above the ground. The visitors are asked to enter the Observatory Deck with glass floors. This way, they will experience a thrill when they look at the view beneath their feet.
Whether you choose one or all of these things to do in Calgary, your trip to Canada is sure to be a rewarding and memorable experience. Remember, if you are an American citizen, you need to bring your valid passport, as you will be required to present it when traveling to Canada. Have a safe trip and enjoy!